Freight Carrier and Public Safety
The Welfare and Safety of All Drivers, Owner-Operators, Staff and the Broader Community is a High Priority at Tri-Town Transport
The dedication to continually improve our safety performance is evident in our on-going safety training for all our employees, regardless of position, and our on-going safety process improvement effort.
This is closely related to, and a part of our continuing education program of comprehensive logistics training, customer service development and performance improvement.
Where equipment upgrades or replacement is needed to maintain our high level of safety Tri-Town Transport does not hesitate to invest in these changes. Our vehicle inspections go beyond what is required and is proactive.
Some additional steps we take to enhance workplace and public safety.
Provide training, programs and support to both internal and external members of the motor carrier industry. Tri-Town Transport maintains a carrier profile system which records data on railroad and motor carrier demographics, vehicles, commodities, dangerous goods, roadside inspections, convictions, accidents, liability insurance and investigations. Tri-Town Transport also monitors insurance records for public liability and property damage. A safety fitness test upon hire for all employees and Owner Operators and we assign safety ratings through the course of tenure with Tri-Town Transport.
Courses approved by the Transportation Safety Institute (TSI) of the U. S. Department of Transportation (DOT).
Tri-Town Transport safety courses include:
- DOT Hazardous Materials General Awareness
- DOT Training for Drivers of Hazmat Shipments
- DOT Training for Bulk and Non-bulk Hazmat Packages
- DOT/TSI Motor Carrier General Applicability
- DOT/TSI Parts and Accessories Necessary for Safe Operation
- DOT/TSI Commercial Driver License Regulations
- DOT/TSI Hours of Service for Safety Management Personnel
- DOT/TSI Safety Fitness Rating Process and SafeStat
- DOT/TSI Motor Carrier Driver Qualifications
- DOT/TSI Driving Commercial Motor Vehicles Rules of the Road
- DOT/TSI Inspection, Repair & Maintenance for Motor Carriers
- DOT/TSI Drugs & Alcohol: Driving & Drugs a Fatal Combination
- DOT/TSI Driver Guide to Inspection Requirements
- DOT/TSI Driver Guide to Hours of Service – October 2014
- DOT/TSI Driver Guide to Drug and Alcohol Regulations
- DOT/TSI Driver Guide to Driver Qualification Regulations
- DOT/TSI Driver Guide to Driving CMVs
- DOT/TSI Driver Guide to CDL Requirements
Tri-Town Transport provides for all your shipping needs. Contact us today to experience the highest safety standard in the industry.
Call us today for a free AIR Freight Quote at 800-940-3598 or complete the Freight Quote form for an immediate response.